Losing a cell phone can be a devastating experience for many. Replacing the device might not be a trouble for some people but what really bums out people is the loss of personal data. Losing messages, contacts, photos, videos and other data makes the situation more terrible. And if your phone gets stolen, all you can think of is the idea of someone prying into your personal data. It doesn’t paint a nice picture, does it?
To begin with, you should have invested in a reliable cell phone tracking application. But now that the damage is done, you can begin by trying to locate your phone.
So how can you start with the cell phone tracking process? Search online for “cell phone location tracker” apps like mSpy for a range of cell phone tracking services.
There are also some simple steps that you need to follow.
- Download the Android Device Manager: The first thing you need to do is download the Android Device Manager from Google Play Store into a different device. The app is free and can help in cell phone tracking by locating it within minutes.
- Log In: Next, log in using the Google account you’ve been using in your lost device. This is really important. Without the right account, you won’t be able to find your device, so be careful.
- Phone Located: After logging you in, the cell phone location tracker application will start to locate your phone. Once the search is complete, you’ll be able to see the last location of your phone. You can also view other phone details on the upper left side of the screen.
- Select an Action: The cell tracker application provides you with a number of options. You can make your phone ring, lock or erase all the data.
- Ring: The ringing option is suitable if you have just misplaced your phone, preferably in a closed location. You can locate the position of your phone by following the sound of its ringing.
- Erase: Needless to say, you must be careful when choosing the last option. If you erase your personal data, it will be deleted permanently and this action cannot be reversed.
- Lock: If you are not sure about the location of your phone, locking it would be the better option. This will generate a new password on your phone and will block the access to your personal data. In case you want to communicate with the person who finds your phone, you can send a text that will be displayed on the lock screen.
And that’s all you need to do to get back your phone. You can thank the cell tracker GPS technology for assisting you in the process. After all, without it, you wouldn’t have been able to locate your phone.